Presser Job Opportunities
Presser PAC is the largest multidisciplinary arts institution in mid Missouri, and the premier community arts center in Audrain County. PPAC serves 24,000 area residents each year through the Arts (classes, camps, productions and workshops), the PPAC Theatre Series, Concerts, Competitions, the Annual Arts Summit and Community Arts.
Teaching Artist/Technical Director
This job description is for a part-time position salaried
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Knowledge of Theatre/Set Building & Painting/Lights & Sound
Familiar with basic stage rigging, instruments, equipment
Familiar with lighting and sound systems in PAC
Well organized, scene painter, clean and organize at the end of every day
Safety conscious, likes participants of all ages, prefers standing to sitting, a great communicator
~Leprecon Light Board ~Yamaha TF1 Sound Board
~Element Light Board ~Yamaha TF5 Sound Board
Teaching Artist-Fall & Spring
1. Responsible for instructing the Missouri Military Academy Cadets
Acting I for 8 weeks
Acting II for 8 weeks
Stagecraft I for 8 weeks
Stagecraft II for 8 weeks
August – May afternoons 12-3, M-F average of 5-10 students per class.
Lois Brace Executive Artistic Director would be your supervisor for the instruction of cadets.
1. This person will be in charge of Technical Tract campers 5th-12th grade. Set design, painting, and building for all three theatre camp productions as well as props. The Technical Director will also be in charge of sound and lighting design and instruction of students. A successful applicant must also be able to teach younger campers how to build/paint/hang lights/run sound and light/create props/etc.
2. Technical Expectations: Scene Design, Sound Design, Scene Painting, Lighting Design, Scene Building, Light Hanging (Gel/Gobo), Props Managing, Sound and Light Director during shows
3. Work with Director of Theatre Camps
4. Build items for facility as requested
Stephanie Kulas Administrator will be your supervisor for the Summer Camp Program
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships are available in the following areas:
PPAC offers exciting opportunities for current undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing an internship with a local nonprofit arts organization.
If you are interested in more information about internship opportunities at PPAC, please email your name, contact information and area of interest to Director of Volunteers.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Presser is an equal opportunity institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the bases of race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and status as a covered veteran. This policy covers employment, and participation in the organization’s programs, activities, and services.